Coca-Cola is an American multinational beverage corporation, manufacturer, retailer, and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups. The company now produces 3,500+ different beverages in numerous categories, all sold around the world.
We collaborated with Coca-Cola to develop a mobile application for their Employee Ambassador Program. The program’s goal was to empower its 700,000+ employees worldwide to represent and promote the Coca-Cola Brand.
The initial challenge was to fully automate the process of the Ambassador Program, which had been put in place in order to motivate employees to improve the presentation and image of the product at point of sale (POS). The mobile app would act as an educational resource for best practices on retail displays and as a forum for communication between the Coca-Cola headquarters and thousands of global staff.
In addition to improving brand recognition and POS presentation, our mobile needed to:
- Eliminate the need for printed sheets used by management when moving employees through the training process.
- Map both points of sale and areas of distribution that were being the most negatively affected by poor presentation, so Coke new where to direct their resources.
- Improve the presentation of their products at point of sale in stores and supermarkets to increase product sales.
- Ensure ease-of-use, and thus greater employee adoption, of the Ambassador Program.
We successfully developed a mobile application that would work on both the iPhone and Android platforms. Our final product not only improved the processes of the Program but also significantly increased involvement and participation by employees of Coca-Cola.
Given our development success and employee adoption, Coca-Cola saw:
- Improved speed and immediacy of all data generation;
- Much greater involvement by employees in the Ambassador Program;
- Vast reduction in their ecological footprint due to eliminating paper;
- Increased ability to track both POS locations and areas where product was being sold;
- Overall improvement in the presentation of the product; and
- Increased identification with Coca-Cola by their employees.